Gospel of John: Chapter 17 - Original Version About Chapter 17
Title Given Chapter 17: "Jesus Explains What It Means To Become "One with" Jesus - that is, "One with" Jesus within us, and "One with" God within Him, before we die to the "outside" of us"
Date Gospel Written: ~ 0 to 50 AD
Gospel Written by: The Disciple Barnabas - the One "whom Jesus loved" (John:20,2)
Title & Review Written by: Shaikh Muhaiyaddeen (Louie Beutler)
Date Web Page Published: September, 2004
Go To Table of Contents - Gospel of John: Chapter 17
Bismillahir-Rahmanir-Rahim. In the name of God, the Most Merciful, the Most Compassionate. Al-salam 'alaykum wa-rahmat Allah wa barakatuhu kulluhu. Wa 'alaykum al-salam wa-rahmat Allah wa-barakatuhu kulluhu. May all the peace, the beneficence, and the blessing of God be upon us all. May God help us all.
My love you (anbu), my dearest loving brothers and sisters - Shaikh Muhaiyaddeen (Louie Beutler).
Original Version - of chapter 17
1. These Words spake Jesus, and lifted up His eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the
hour is come; glorify Thy Son, that Thy Son also may glorify Thee:
2. As Thou hast given Him over all flesh, that He should give eternal life to as many as
Thou hast given Him.
3. And this is life eternal, that they might know Thee the only true God, and Jesus
Christ, whom Thou haft sent.
4. I glorify Thee on the earth: I have finished the work which Thou gavest Me to do.
5. And now, Father, glorify Thou Me with Thine own Self, with the glory which I had
with Thee before the world was.
6. I have manifested Thy Name unto the men which Thou hath gavest Me out of the
world: thine they were, and Thou gavest them Me; and they have kept Thy Word.
7. Now they have known that all things whatsoever Thou hast given Me are of Thee.
8. For I have given unto them the Words which Thou hath gavest Me; and they have
received them, and have known surely that I came out from Thee, and they have
believed that Thou didst send Me.
9. I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which Thou hast given Me; for
they are Thine.
10. And all Mine are Thine, and Thine are Mine; and I am glorified in them.
11. And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to
Thee. Holy Father, keep through Thine own Name those whom Thou hast given
Me, that they may be one, as We are.
12. While I was with them in the world, I kept them in Thy Name: those that Thou
gavest Me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the
scripture might be fulfilled.
13. And now come I to Thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they might
have My joy fulfilled in themselves.
14. I have given them Thy Word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not
of the world, even as I am not of the world.
15. I pray not that Thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that Thou shouldest
keep them from the evil.
16. They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
17. Sanctify them through Thy Truth: Thy Word is Truth.
18. As Thou hath sent Me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.
19. And for their sakes I sanctify Myself, that they also might be sanctified through
20. Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on Me through
21. That they all may be One; as Thou, Father art in Me, and I in Thee, that they also
may be One in Us: that the world may believe that Thou hast sent Me.
22. And the glory that Thou gavest Me I have given them; that they may be One, even
as We are One.
23. I in them, and Thou in Me, that they may be made perfect in One; and that the
world may know that Thou hast sent Me, and hath loved them, as Thou hast
24. Father, I will that they also, whom Thou hath give Me, be with Me where I am; that
they may behold My glory, which Thou hast given Me: for Thou lovedst Me before
the foundation of the world.
25. O righteous Father, the world hath not known Thee: but I have known Thee, and
these have known that Thou hast sent Me.
26. And I have declared unto them Thy Name, and will declare it: that the love
wherewith Thou hast loved Me may be in them, and I in them.
End of Gospel of John
- Chapter 17 -
Gospel of John - Chapter 17:
Table of Contents
( a top-down version of the Library Home Page)
(a bottom-up version of the Library Home Page)